Friday, December 3, 2010

Some YouTube videos about people dealing with Ptosis

DISCLAIMER: This is purely my opinion and I don't have much to back it up but my personal feelings.

I'm starting to firmly believe that one of the HUGEST psycological impacts of ptosis is that its a very socially isolating medical issue. You have to be really, really strong emotionally and supremely confident not to let it affect your self esteem and sense of self worth. Its weird like that, that a 1mm or 2mm difference in eye symetry can have such a huge effect. But because such a small group of people has it (I tried to find statistics but data is so hard to find on it - in fact anything of relevance is hard to find on it) at least for me it makes me feel isolated, an exception, and different..... That said it is extremely important to fight those feeling actively and find strength in being different. Easier said than done, but very, very important. We all only get one life, and ptosis or not, this is what we were given!

So I looked on YouTube and watched these videos of others who have ptosis and how they deal with it. I must say, these are some strong, stong individuals, much stronger than me to document their experience and be so open about it, and embrace it. And learn to deal, being much older than then I am even more impressed, as it is taking me years and years to even get used to my ptosis.

I felt for the sake of feeling more "connected" that if anyone reading this that has ptosis, that this helps, at least a little ....

No comments:

Post a Comment